Tenex Health TX
If you have Plantar fasciitis or Achilles Tendinopathy and tried physical therapy, cortisone injections, medication, or just taking time to ice, stretch and rest but are still in pain, talk to us. We now have a solution that does not involve general or open surgery, may give you quick pain reduction and should have you back to enjoying the things you love in a few weeks to a few months.
Using ultrasonic energy powered by the Tenex Health TX™ System, is a safe and quick procedure specially designed for those who are suffering from painful conditions associated with chronic tendon damage. The procedure treats tendinosis or fasciitis in the ankle and foot. Tenex Health TX is based on advanced technology developed in collaboration with the world renowned Mayo Clinic.
Tenex Health TX™ benefits
- Quick pain relief and rapid return to normal activities
- Local anesthetic used instead of general anesthesia
- No sutures, no stitches (requires only a small bandage)
- 20-minute, minimally invasive procedure (not open surgery)
- Coverage by most insurances
How does Tenex Health TX™ work?
- Precisely targets your damaged tissue. Your doctor uses ultrasound imaging to visualize and identify the specific location of the damaged tendon tissue.
- Gently removes damaged tissue. Once the source of your tendon pain is identified, your doctor numbs the area with a local anesthetic, allowing you to stay awake the entire time. Many people say after the numbing process—which feels like a bee sting—they felt only a slight pressure during the procedure (if they felt anything at all). Your doctor then uses gentle ultrasonic energy designed to safely breakdown and remove the damaged tissue. The ultrasonic energy is applied with the TX MicroTip, which requires only a micro-incision to reach the damaged tissue. Because the incision is so small and the ultrasonic energy precisely treats only the damaged tendon tissue, the surrounding healthy tissue is left unharmed.
- Requires no stitches. When the procedure is completed, your doctor applies a small adhesive bandage; no stitches are required. Because you are awake during the procedure (no general anesthesia), many people are able to drive home after the procedure.
- Can offer nearly instant pain relief with a rapid recovery. Recovery is rapid with many people being back to normal activity within 6 weeks or less. Because the surrounding healthy tissue is not disturbed, and no stitches or general anesthesia is required, there is minimal downtime and less discomfort compared to open surgery. The speed of your recovery depends on the location of your tendinitis and your individual results may vary.
As a percutaneous tenotomy or percutaneous fasciotomy procedure, Tenex Health TX is typically covered by Medicare-approved and private health insurers. It is always recommended that patients consult the treating physician and individual health plan. For more information, visit www.tenexhealth.com.